Did you hear? Planet Hollywood Cancun opened in January of 2021!
We got an exclusive invite to get a full insider tour and what we loved most was this: whether you go with friends, that someone special or with family, you’ll feel like a Hollywood star here! Read on to see why this resort is one to keep in mind as you plan out your next vacation.
Planet Hollywood offers two types of sections for its accommodations. There’s a family section which includes has 566 rooms in 9 different room categories. Here, the rooms offer space for you and your kids and you can even reserve a 1-, 2-or 3-bedroom suite. The resort also has an adults-only section called The Adult Scene which is perfect for those who are going there for their honeymoon or anniversary. It offers 332 rooms in 3 room categories.
You can also upgrade to the Star Class level of service whether you are in the family or adults-only sections. This provides you with your own butler to help you with your private check-in, as well as upgraded room amenities, and restaurant reservations. You’ll also be able to access both hydrotherapy at the spa and an exclusive pool for free.
Planet Hollywood offers a total of 11 dining options on site so you and anyone you go with will find something you’ll love (even if you are traveling with the pickiest of eaters!). And for those who are vegan, the resort offers its PuraVegan program which ensures guests can find meals and drinks that fit their food choices easily. Here are the restaurants you’ll find:
- Guy’s! Burger Joint: This is part of the chain by Guy Fieri, from ‘Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives’, and it has classic burgers and mouth-watering creative variations that will satisfy your hunger.
- So Cal Gourmet Emporium: This one offers a huge selection of different foods from around the world. You’ll enjoy local farm fresh dishes, made-to-order flatbreads, a patisserie, a taco stand with food truck-style Mexican treats and churros, a ramen noodle house with Japanese and Korean fusion dishes, and traditional grilled fare.
- East Sushi & Teppanyaki Bar: If you love Japanese cuisine, this is where you’ll want to eat. Watch the chefs expertly craft your meal at the sushi bar or in front of the grill.
- Sunset Strip Steakhouse & Grill: You’ll find perfect steak meals with an full wine list and private themed booths available for rent.
- Gusto Italian Trattoria: Craving some Italian comfort food? You’ll love the ones on the menu here. You’ll hear classic Hollywood soundtracks playing as you peruse the impressive wine list.
- Overtime Sports Bar: Looking for traditional pub food, themed trivia nights, billiards and foosball tables, and an in-house DJ? All of that is right here!
- Sutra Indian Restaurant & Hookah Lounge: This restaurant serves authentic full-flavored Indian cuisine. No matter which classic dish you’re craving, you’ll find it here.
- La Cocina Mexican Cuisine: What do you get when you pair delicious Mexican cuisine with the best ocean views? Total paradise. And that’s what you’ll get at this restaurant!
- The Shores Beach Club & Restaurant: Serving classic dishes with the perfect ocean view.
- 6th Sense – Chef’s Table (additional fee applies): Experience customized fine dining where your personal chef will craft a menu with dishes catered to your unique tastes.
- STAR Class™ Bar & Grill: Reserved exclusively for STAR Class™ members, this venue promises an exclusive experience just steps from the sand with a panoramic view of the ocean. This option is only for STAR Class™ guests.
Fun Things to Do
When it comes to finding fun things to do here, one thing is for sure: you won’t get bored. No matter how long you are planning to stay, we know you’ll enjoy something new each day of your trip. The resort offers the perfect mix of both exciting and relaxing experiences so everyone, matter what their age may be, will enjoy what it has to offer. Take a look at some of the best activities we found during our trip:
- Water Parks: There’s no need to leave the resort to find a fun waterpark because you’ll be able to choose from two full-sized ones here. Try visiting Jurassic Splash Park where you’ll be transported to a world of dinosaurs. There are thrilling water cannons, sprinklers and, of course, life-sized dinos here that make the experience so much fun. More into the pirate life? Then you’ll want to see Shipwreck Cove! This is especially perfect for those traveling with kids who will appreciate the water slides and waterfall. No matter which one you visit, you’ll walk away with a big smile on your face.
- Lazy River: The perfect place to cool off on the resort! Enjoy the view of the waterfall and pool as the waters gently float you along.
- FlowRider (additional cost): Kid and adults can learn how to surf with the resorts surf machine here. And if you’re already a pro, you’ll still love that you can enjoy endless waves here as you practice all of your surf moves.
- Mini-golf: Don’t miss out on a fun nine-hole game of mini-golf. This course was designed exclusively for Planet Hollywood and is appropriate for all ages so no one has to feel left out of this fun experience. It’s a great way to spend an afternoon when you’re done playing at the beach or pool.
- Labyrinth: It’s true! The resort offers a garden labyrinth. You’ll find several ways to enter and you’ll need to find your way out of the maze but beware: there are definitely several dead ends, too!
- Theater: This space holds up to 76 people so it’s a fun way to bring together your friends and family to enjoy a movie together. You’ll get to enjoy popular movies and classic ones too in the plush chairs.
- Planet Play (additional cost): Planet Play is an adventure park offering trampolines, a golf simulator, basketball court and Adventure Park arcade. It’s a great way to cool off on the warmer days and you certainly won’t be bored here.
- Star Kids Club: Kids can enjoy dance classes, movie nights under the stars, a Walk of Fame Scavenger Hunt, Singer/Songwriter classes, a Wardrobe Room, ShowTime classes where they’ll learn to act on a stage, and the option to create their own show that will air on Stars Kids Club Channel on the resort TV for friends and family to enjoy! And before your stay ends, they’ll love the Stars Kids Club Hall of Fame Party.
- PH Spa: Who doesn’t love a good spa day? This one is one you won’t want to miss. Pick your from a menu featuring luxurious facials and massages to nourishing body treatments. And for a little extra self-care, why not visit the nail bar? You’ll feel refreshed in no time!
- Signature events: Planet Hollywood Cancun has several special events that make it a standout resort.
- ¡Viva Mexico!: At this Monday event, you’ll get first-hand experience of Mexico’s beautiful, exciting culture! Kids can enjoy the Mexican crafts workshop, try to crack a piñata at the Kids Club and enjoy screenings of Coco and The Book of Life. At dinner, you’ll love hearing the Mariachi band while sampling the special menu that evening. For adults, there are screenings of Frida and Roma at the theater with fresh margaritas and nachos.
- Neon Silent Party: On Tuesdays, adults can enjoy a one-of-a-kind party experience here: a silent disco filled with colorful lights, glow-in-the-dark face painting and neon cocktails! And if you’re bringing someone along who would rather skip all of that, they have screenings of classics like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, the Breakfast Club, Pretty Woman and My Fair Lady.
- Retro Wednesdays: Come dance to songs from the 80’s and 90’s on the brightly lit LED dancefloor. Enjoy the Roller Disco Show or catch favorites from the past like Foot Loose, Back to the Future, or Casper and the Karate Kid for the kids.
- Kids Superhero Beach Party: On Thursdays, you can bring the kids to this fun party where they can dress up as their favorite superhero, sip a fruity drink and enjoy some treats. And that’s not all: they can also go through a fun obstacle course and enjoy other fun games. It all ends with a beautiful bonfire under the starry skies.
- The Purple Circus: We got a chance to see this one and it was as good as they said it would be! Every Friday, it features acrobatic shows, robot entertainers, musical performances and so much more.
- Hollywood Tribute Night: On Saturdays, you’ll want to check out this fun event full of actors impersonating some of your favorite stars. Enjoy an incredible outdoor gala dinner and screenings of classic musicals like Mamma Mia and Chicago.
- Glam and Rock Night: This Sunday event features live music tributes to rock stars like Pink Floyd, KISS, Guns ‘N’ Roses and more. And if you love karaoke, try visiting the Overtime Sports Bar. Movie lovers will get to enjoy rock movies including Bohemian Rhapsody, This is Spinal Tap and School of Rock.
- Pumped Fitness Center: For those who need to get in a workout, you’ll here where you’ll see all of the equipment, weights and amenities you’d expect from a luxury gym.
- Fun excursions: You can also book several types of excursions at Planet Hollywood Cancun. No matter which one you choose, you’ll be fully immersed in adventure as you explore all that the area has to offer in terms of music, culture, food and entertainment.
- The Isla Mujeres Queen: Take a catamaran to Isla Mujeres, where you’ll get to swim with tropical fish and corals while you snorkel, taste a delicious lunch, and discover the island’s downtown life.
- The Mysterious World of Tulum: This adventure takes you to one of the famous archaeological sites in Mexico. You’ll find structures such as the Temple of the Frescoes, the Temple of the Diving God and the Castillo that was used to guide trading canoes to shore.
- Coco Bongo: Come visit dance club which is one of the most well-known ones in Cancun. You’ll see flying acrobats and musical tributes all within a continuous party atmosphere.
- Pirate Party aboard a Galleon: Pirates will welcome you on board the Jolly Roger, an impressive galleon that will take you into a night full of great entertainment by the fun-loving crew as well as delicious beverages and food.
- Global Treasures: Chichen Itza: This is a chance to visit another famous archaeological site is Chichen Itza which also happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is designated as one of the Seven Wonders of the New World. After exploring, you’ll enjoy a traditional Mexican lunch at a nearby restaurant. Finally, you’ll visit a cenote to swim in this natural freshwater pool that was used by the ancient Mayans.
- The Legend of Xcaret: This excursion will take you to Xcaret Park, an eco park featuring over 40 different attractions. Swim through caves in an underground river, relax on the beach, explore the natural pools, float down Paradise River or snorkel in a beautiful lagoon. You can visit the Butterfly Pavilion or the Aviary, the Coral Reef Aquarium and you can observe sea turtles in a protected sanctuary. Walk along the Tropical Jungle Trail to the Natural Museum of Orchids and Bromeliads, explore Jaguar Island, visit the Manatee Lagoon and tour archeological ruins. You won’t want to miss the Xcaret Mexico Espectacular show which outlines Mexico’s history from ancient Mayan civilization to present day.
As you can see, Planet Hollywood Cancun is the place to go when you want the most entertainment options for you and your family in a gorgeous tropical setting. It’s where you’ll find the perfect blend of relaxation, adventure and excitement for everyone you travel with and all without needing to leave the resort.
Ready to travel? Contact us by calling 1-877-530-5560 or click here for our online contact form and we’ll advise you on the best places to go for your budget and we’ll give up-to-date information on what you’ll need for travel and what changes to expect at the hotel or resort you choose.