Complete Getaways is seeking an Experienced travel advisor. We are looking for an agent that is actively in the field or retired from the industry and looking to re-enter. The agent must already understand the roles and responsibilities and require little training on booking engines used (VAX, Classic Vacations, GoGo) and understand other components such as travel insurance, transfer options, and recommended excursions/activities relative to the destinations.
You will be responsible for creating unforgettable vacations for clients, growing new business leads, and managing any and all travel requests.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Provide travel assistance and concierge-like service to clients, including
- booking airfare, hotels, cruises, activities, tours, transportation, reservations, etc.
- Confirm availability and pricing in a prompt and organized manner
- Leverage preferred partners to ensure the best rates and amenities for clients
- Constantly study and learn new destinations and suppliers, including attending educational events and webinars, traveling to visit properties and completing certified destination training
- Process bookings and documentation for travel, including itineraries, tickets, and insurance
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with clients before, during, and after travel to ensure quality service and repeat business/referrals
- Participate in growing your business through social media, industry event shows, marketing, etc.
- 2 years minimum in the industry required. Please only apply if you meet this requirement.
- Extensive personal travel experience outside the Continental US or the time to travel to destinations to learn about properties.
- Previous travel sales experience with destination and supplier knowledge
- Excellent customer orientation and professional communication skills
- Strong organizational skills for maintaining complex records and itineraries
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, some form of CRM (Preferably VacationCRM), PowerPoint
- CTA/CTC/CTIE preferred but not required
- Experience with VAX, Classic Vacations, GOGO Vacations, UVI and other supplier booking engines
- Positive, outgoing attitude and a willingness to constantly learn
This role is perfect for existing travel professionals, entrepreneurs, expats with deep destination knowledge, and natural networkers with influence over large groups of avid travelers.
This is an independent contractor (commission-only, remote) position. Leads may be provided, especially for strong candidates that can close sales leads, but our preference is that you will be able to prospect new clientele and bring an existing clientele with you. Your clientele will always remain your clientele.
The competitive compensation will include Commissions, Splits, Bonuses, and travel opportunities. Consultants also enjoy IATAN and TRUE affiliation and access to free travel opportunities, industry rates, and preferred supplier amenities.