Craving a good vacation? You aren’t alone. According to Travel Pulse, a recent survey found that 63% of people agreed that they “desperately need a vacation.” But should you really go about daydreaming of somewhere to go this year? Read on to get our top reasons for why you should start thinking about taking that vacation this year.
While some people still did travel last year, a majority cancelled their vacations and stayed home. But as the days turned into weeks and then months of waiting for the pandemic to end, the stress of it all had many people wondering when they could start thinking of a getaway again. Here are a few reasons you should think about that now:
- It’s good for your mental health: Research has shown that just planning on a vacation and anticipating one boosts happiness with your job and overall wellbeing. In fact, a study done by Cornell University revealed that the the anticipation of an experience (like a vacation) can boost a person’s happiness much more so than the anticipation of buying material goods. Yet another study found that being exposed to new places and cultures grows your attention, focus, energy and empathy. And after 2020, we could all use a little bit of a mood boost!
- It’s good for your wallet, too: Now more than ever, there are incredible travel deals happening. The travel industry experienced a near standstill last year because of the pandemic. So, hotels and airlines are looking to revitalize their growth by tempting travelers with sales and specials that wouldn’t have seen pre-pandemic. If you’re looking for a great deal, now is the time. Contact us and we’ll be happy to give you guidance and find the destination and deal that is right for you.
- The type of deals you see now aren’t permanent: As mentioned above, there are incredible deals you can take advantage of right now. But as conditions improve, the type of deals and benefits you see now may not be available later.
- Enjoy more flexibility with your travel plans: Worried about booking that vacation and then not being able to go after all? Airlines and hotels are offering much more flexibility and some great postponement policies so that travelers can book with confidence. Booking now doesn’t mean you need to travel now. But it does mean that you’ll get great benefits plus flexibility to take the trip when you’re ready.
- Avoid the travel surge later: As the number of COVID-19 cases begins to reduce, more people will be eager to travel and that means that it may be harder in the future to get that room at the resort or hotel you have been eyeing. We predict a huge travel surge as conditions improve and knowing you already booked your arrangements means you won’t have to stress later.
- Earn even more points and miles from your credit cards than ever before: For those who collect miles from credit cards they own, there are some incredible credit card offers available right now that give major bonuses of points and miles. If you don’t have a travel rewards credit card but have thought of getting one before, you’ll especially benefit from getting one now.
- The length of time that current deals are available will eventually reduce: With the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccine, there’s more interest in travel than before. That demand will impact not only the type of deals you are currently seeing but how long they will last. Travel deals have been good for a much more extended period of time than before but that won’t always be the case.
We believe that you should travel when you feel it is right for you and we urge you to monitor the travel advisories of your local state. But when you’re ready to make plans, know that now is a great time to begin thinking of your next great trip.
Contact us by calling 1-877-530-5560 or click here for our online contact form and we’ll advise you on the best places to go for your budget and we’ll give up-to-date information on what you’ll need for travel and what changes to expect at the hotel or resort you choose.